Monday, October 04, 2004

Here we go

OK, I was so inspired by Brynne that I felt I had to have my own blog since she has two of them and takes care of John everyday. I just have a job, but I have to live in Mississippi right now which is a great excuse to refuse to do anything. I am working on a shawl right now and it only needs to be bound of. It is made out of beautiful soy silk yarn and I should be able to wear it in Feburary when it finally gets cool enough here that I wont mind having to wear clothing out of the house. I will post a picture of it when I can find the digital camera.

2 Comments:

At 12:11 PM, Blogger Brynne said...

Congratulations on starting a blog! I swear that I'm going to start emailing you more...

 
At 10:10 AM, Blogger Spike said...

Meriah--

You asked about creating buttons. The way I made mine (on _Madwoman's Lunchbox_--http://maddylunchbox.blogger.com) was this:

I took a photo I liked, and used my photoediting program (PhotoSuite) to crop and resize the part I wanted to use for the background, so it was the same size as the button I wnted to make. I then used the fog filter in the program to make the colors soft and "backgroundy."

I then saved the background in my pictures, and opened it up in Microsoft Paint.

I set it up so my text box was transparent, opened a textbox, then fiddled with font size, type, and color until I had something easily legible.

I saved the created button with a different name (that way I have the background if I decide to change typeface or color) and uploaded using Hello.

Easy-peasy lemon-squeezy! Loading it was harder than making it. Halfway through the process of doing, it hit me that all I was up to was making a graphic to indicate the presence of a link.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home