Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Brewing

OK I have no new knitting pictures from this weekend. Because I didn't spend much time knitting. I did teach two people to knit, though. A girl in my Youth Group. And a friend of mine with a new baby. Both were doing well on their garter stitch samples when I last saw them.
This is what I did last Friday:

Bubbling Wurt


That's right we brewed beer. Good, heavy, German beer. It is a recipe called Phat Fired Weizenbock from Charlie Papazion's Joy of homebrewing.
I love making beer, it is fun and messy and always includes spending the evening with my DH:

Stiring Wurt


He says he is the luckiest man in the world because I like to brew beer and I don't like diamonds, to many Karma problems.
It's alive! OK, the yeast in it is alive. People don't make beer, yeast make beer. Yeah for yeast!

Beer!

1 Comments:

At 3:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK M, I'm feeling really old and out of touch! I had to ask the office gang "What the heck is a BLOG?" You can imagine the chuckles over that one! 8-) Seriously, I love the scarf and the beer looks yummy - any chance you'll bring some when you visit? DH wants to brew, too, if we can just scrape together enough $... 8-( TTYL - M, M, J, E, and Boy #3

P.S. It was well below freezing here the last couple of nights and we lost power for about 4 hours... no monitors for J... little sleep for me... Hope you are enjoying the 'cold snap' down there! ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home