Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Socks are done

Here are my finished Fluted banister Socks. They are not blocked and may never be so they are a little squished up.

socksdone


I think they turned out well. I had to frog the toes twice because I did not have enough yarn and did not want to have to order another ball of Sockatta especially since I had lost the band.
Here is Alice, my cat, playing with a cat toy that Brynne made for her. Brynne's blog is located here, www.knit.blogspot.com


Alice2


I am still blocking the Cabled Tulip sweater and I am knitting a baby hat from Dalgarn that I hope to block tonight. Then I don't want to knit any more baby things.
The weather is blessedly cool and the house has been in the 5os at night.
Only 51 more days until I have my spinning wheel.
I also ordered myself two new tatting books on Monday. Monday was a bad day. I really enjoy tatting but was getting tired of making edgings and little circles. So I hope my new book on inverted tatting and Fancy Pants 2, with advanced techniques will be fun. My tatting class that I want to teach in January is also shaping up.

2 Comments:

At 10:59 AM, Blogger phoenix_anew said...

Just wanted to stop by and say "hi." Funny thing, I know where Stratton is! I live in northeastern Colorado ... Akron. Do you know where that's at? I'm going to add you to my list of blogs I read. Hope you have a great knitting-filled day! :)

 
At 12:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How funny that I found your blog. I just moved from Mississippi to Colorado! Let me know if you need any advise, like pack up your coat as you will never need it. (Just wait til you hit the humid summers!)
Anne :)
www.aemcdraw.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home