Monday, November 22, 2004

The Great Smokies!

My Husband took me to the Great Smokies last weekend, to get me out of Mississippi for a few days.

greatsmokies
They were beautiful and we climbed 5 state high points: Tennesse, North Corolina, South Carolina, Georgia and Alabama. It was great fun.
georga
I started my Pacific Northwest Shawl from Fiber Trends and we had a great time. I am done with the first 1 and 1/2 sections of the pattern, all of the sea gulls and most of the trees. I hope to post a picture of it tonight after I finish packing for our trip to Michigian.
38 days until my new spinning wheel!!!
I called Maggie at Shuttles, Spindles and Skeins on Saterday and she is holding a Lendrum for me until I get there on the 30th of December. She wants me to try it out before I decide that it is the wheel for me, since I have spent about an hour total using a spinning wheel. I am not sure that I would be able to tell the difference between two of them. They are very nice there and if you are ever looking for yarn in the Front Range of Colorado you should check them out. They carry weaving, basket making, spinning, knitting, crochet and tatting supplies.
I know that I am going to have to stop relying on Boulder for everything I want to buy. But I still know where to get things there so much more quickly. I just don't know my way around Jackson or Memphis very well. It is still easier to get things in Ann Arbor that it is in Mississippi since my wonderful Mother and Brother-in-Law help me get what ever I want while I am there.

1 Comments:

At 12:41 PM, Blogger phoenix_anew said...

I have really been wanting to check out Shuttles ... but it is a couple hours' drive from Akron, and with gas prices the way they are ... It's hard to justify the trip knowing I'll make lots of purchases, too. I'm seriously needing to go on a yarn/pattern/knitting diet ...but that's a BIG commitment! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home