Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Pacific Northwest

Here is the shawl I have been working on. I have all of the seagulls done and am four rows short of finishing the trees. The color did not come out correctly it is really a dark cranberry/maroon color, but I am driving to Michigan today and did not have time to play with taking pictures.

NorthWest 1
The finished shawl should look like this http://www.fibertrends.com/viewer/V4_shawls.html I am quite pleased with it so far. I am knitting it on a US size 9 needle. The pattern calls for a US 6 but if I knit it that tight the gage is completely off.
37 days to spinning wheel. I think that they also give you 10% of the purchase price as fiber. I think it will take me a long time to spin up $40 worth of fiber. They have really beautiful stuff there.
I now have five people signed up for my needle tatting class in January. I am really excited.
I did not take a picture of my craft bag for vacation but I have limited my poundage admirably. I am taking two knitting project, the shawl and a sock and two or three tatting books with supplies. The nice thing about tatting is that you can bring a ridicules number of options along and it looks like very little stuff.
I should be able to visit Yarn a Round in Ann Arbor on Friday or Saturday. They are a great yarn store. I am just going to have to keep in mind that I have a lot to do by Christmas when I get my spinning wheel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home