Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Brocade Baby Sweater

Here is the progress on the brocade baby sweater. The pattern is simple and easy to do when watching a movie. It was designed to be knit out of Merino but that would be useless in Mississippi so I am using a cotton yarn in the same guage. I may make the sleeve cuffs a little looser to make up for the reduced elasticity. The color is a dark brown/red color. I have already made a sweater for my self out of it and it washes up pretty well.

brocade sweater progress
On the baby front I have to go in for my glucose test this week. I am not looking forward to it unfortunatly. I can test my blood sugar at home anytime I want, myDH is a diabetic. So I am not sure what good it will do to have me sit around in the doctors office for an hour letting other people poke me.
I am still enjoying my new spinning wheel and have started working with a new roving that I bought awhile ago in Michigan. It has a pretty long staple and I am haveing a hard time spinning it really fine. I don't want to only make 2 ply worsted for the rest of my life!

1 Comments:

At 10:50 AM, Blogger Brynne said...

That sweater is adorable! I'm sure he'll love it. We're en route to Texas right now but I'm being pleasantly surprised by all of the internet access I'm finding.

When you get a chance you should take a picture of your belly. I'd love to see it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home