Thursday, March 03, 2005

Shawl Progress

I have been working on Pacific Northwest as fast as I can. The ediging is almost complete and then I have to put the i-cord around the top edge.

Shawllarge


I want it to be complete in time to show it to the knitting class I am teaching next week as an example of what you can do with only 4 stiches. It is neat to show students how simple elegent prjects can be.
Here is a close up of the lace.

shawlclose


It has been alot of fun to knit though it has taken a little more yarn on a much larger needle to obtain the guage the pattern called for. But the orginal yarn was Wool and this is Angora, and the Angora seems to have no streach to it at all. It is also not fuzzy in the least. It has been a real dream to work with.
My Husband and I also went up the the Natchez Trace last weekend and ate a slug burger after climbing the highest point in Mississippi. Slug burgers are this great concotion of soy meal and hamburger that is fried like any other burger. They were great I definatly recommend getting one in Iuka if you are ever in that area.
Ellies
I would defiantly recommend getting one here in downtown Iuka, and don't forget to try the fried pie!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home