Tuesday, May 17, 2005

New Orleans

DH took me to New Orleans this weekend so I got no knitting done but had a huge amount of fun. We spent Saterday in the French Quarter and we went to the Quarter Stitch which is full on knittng and needle point. All of the canvases are hand painted so if you are into that please check them out.

Christopher at Quarter Stitch
Here is Christopher holding our package. He got the Debbie Bliss Toy Knits so that he can knit the pirate rat for the baby. I got a 3 mm addi turbo needle. I can't wait to see the rat. The book also has a lot of great teddy bears and farm animals.
The also had this hanging in their window.
okra santa
It is a piece of dried okera that has been painted to look like Santa Claus. I am going to try to make some of these for christmas. Christopher planted a whole row of okera and I doubt I will get it all picked and canned before they get woody.
Quarter Stitch wraps all of your purchases in tissue paper and then puts them in a bag with confetti. It really makes you want to buy stuff just so you can carry it around.

1 Comments:

At 2:41 PM, Blogger Maureen said...

Thank you so much for the spinning kit...it is wonderful. I sent you an email a few days ago,but maybe it got lost in cyberspace. It is the perfect gift and I can't wait to use it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home